Full-time Payit Kansas - KS
- Build software and infrastructure to manage the platform and applications.
- Provide primary operational support for complex distributed applications.
- Build and manage our internal and production environments by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Identify and implement proactive approaches to improve reliability and quality of our suite of software solutions.
- Design, build and operate cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of applications with effective monitoring, security, and resilient operations.
- Set up critical infrastructure, develop tools and framework to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, services, and applications.
- Provide operational support to the Information Security Team.
- Collaboratively represent Platform Engineering, working cross-functionally with development teams on operational readiness and compliance qualifications.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment, management, and visibility of application services.
- Collaborative partner in end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of PayIt products while sharing the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Experience with building, managing, and troubleshooting infrastructure in AWS.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling high volume transactions across application, OS, networking (TCP/IP), and system layers.
- Experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration platforms (Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) leveraging configuration management tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python, Go, and shell scripting to automate tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work on collaboratively.
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a site reliability or infrastructure engineering function for IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS company fostering a DevOps culture/mindset.
- Passion for automation and monitoring instrumentation in the code.
- One or more AWS Certifications e.g. AWS Cloud Practitioner or (Associate) Solutions Architect.
- One or more Linux Foundation Certifications, e.g. Certified Kubernetes Administrator.