Full-time Modern Health California - CA
Modern Health’s Analytics and Data Science team is looking for a Data Scientist who will report to the Senior Director of Analytics and Data Science. We’re looking for someone with expertise in Python, SQL, and statistics to own our highest impact models. In this role, you will work closely with data analysts, data engineers, and leaders across the company to design and execute advanced analyses and machine learning models including our next generation pricing model.
You will lead projects from initiation to completion, building machine learning models to solve our most complex problems and optimize our highest impact levers. You will clearly measure and communicate your results to executives. We would love to hear from you if you’re smart, technical, and motivated.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
- Apply machine learning and statistical modeling expertise to cross-functional business problems
- Conduct deep-dive data analyses using your skills in SQL and Python, R, or the tool of your choice
- Leverage your expertise in advanced modeling to rebuild our pricing model in Python
- Work with Data Analysts on the team to augment analyses with advanced modeling and machine learning
- Guarantee the reliability of your work by checking, double checking, and code review
- Partner with Data Engineering to improve our data platform
- 3+ years of experience in data science with experience applying data science concepts to business problems cross-functionally
- Deep understanding of statistical techniques and methodologies
- Expert in python, SQL and Looker
- Proven success partnering with and explaining data science concepts to non-technical team members at any level of seniority
- Passionate about destigmatizing and expanding access to mental health care
- Humble, scrappy, highly motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture and was named one of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.