Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer
Full-time Intel Remote, California - CA, Oregon - OR, Washington - WA
Come and join us. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer.
Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Software Center of Excellence team is looking for innovative self-starters to join our growing team. CESG is part of the global Data Platforms Group (DPG) organization that develops the products and technologies that power servers sold worldwide. The CESG Software Group is growing and looking for Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineers experienced with large scale environments. As a Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will work as part of this growing team to bring cutting edge solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers.
As a Cloud Infrastructure SW Engineer, you will analyze existing data center environments and bring cutting-edge cloud solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers. This role requires the skills to analyze existing environments, determine potential solutions, and drive to production implementations. If you enjoy technical innovation, navigating complex solutions, and working with partners and customer SW teams to deliver next gen data center solutions, this is the role for you. In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience in influencing others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidate must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This is an entry level position and it will be compensated accordingly.
- Candidate must posses a BS or MS degree in degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in:
- Distributed systems, Cloud computing, Middleware, Data services, Infrastructure manageability and core infrastructure, Compute storage network power
- Development experience with Python, Java, and/or Golang
- Deep Linux systems administration and Operating System internals
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in any of the following areas:
- Consuming and utilizing new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets
- Infrastructure engineering and/or senior DevOps role supporting infrastructure
- Combined Network and Storage engineering in a large-scale environment
- Scripting building tools and automation to manage data center infrastructure
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a large-scale environment
- Maintaining health and uptime for key infrastructure components
- Depth and breadth of legacy existing and next generation data center solutions