Software Engineer, Business Infrastructure
Full-time Forward California - CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Collaborate with our core business teams to scale Forward to a billion members.
- Collaborate with domain experts in fields like AI and NLP. Our engineers made major contributions to projects such as Amazon Go and TensorFlow.
- Work with top-flight software and hardware engineering talent from places like Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of doctors, designers, and operators.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- API Design - You have experience turning product requirements into robust, maintainable, high availability APIs. You're up to date with modern API best practices. Bonus points if you're familiar with Go, Protocol Buffers, Clean Architecture, or Domain Driven Design.
- Integration - You have firsthand experience managing and integrating all manners of third-party systems, no matter how enterprise-y, legacy, or poorly documented they may be. You know how to corral complexity and provide clean integration points for the rest of the org (billing, accounting, HRIS, recruiting, legal, process automation, etc).
- Billing and Payments - Experience building systems to manage recurring subscription revenue is a plus.
- Product passion - You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands. You don’t really need a product manager because you’re basically one yourself.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience working in a related field