Full-time Guild Education Colorado - CO
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for teams across the organization including Marketing, and Product, to help teams make the best data-informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on standard methodologies for collecting data, and building data science.
- Identify, validate, and make use of structured and unstructured data from disparate data sources in order to perform analyses sought at highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Use data and outcomes to make recommendations that drive impacts to our students, communicating proposals to partners through effective data storytelling, and supporting the implementation and measurement of changes.
- Define and supervise adherence to standard methodologies to ensure data is gained in a way that it can be used to help make impactful decisions, working closely with other data teams to handle Guild’s data assets.
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant on strategic and operating business questions by translating business needs into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, and analyzing the business case and tradeoffs.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Shown experience in data science, analytics, or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiar with data science solutions, and how these apply to business problems (i.e. supervised/unsupervised learning, NLP, collaborative filtering, etc.)
- Experience translating ambiguous business questions into relevant analytical problems or data requirements, and working cross-functionally with business partners to seek problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Excellent teammate attitude, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is groundbreaking a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience related to customer-facing teams in a B2B sales or CRM environment.
- Exposure to analytics related to digital marketing and/or product development/optimization
- Highly skilled in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!