Software Engineer, Cloud Runtime
Full-time Pinterest California - CA, Washington - WA
Pinterest’s Cloud Runtime team provides a foundation of cloud platform that powers 400M+ users, serving tens of billions of pins each day. As a software engineer on this team, you’ll work on cloud resource management, scheduling and deploying frameworks, Linux container and orchestration on public clouds, as well as the implementation of common key features such as job scheduling, deployment, and dynamic configurations.
- Build deploy platform to help developers to build scalable, high-performance cloud platform with high productivity.
- Build cutting edge cloud native cloud infrastructure and platform on open public clouds.
- Optimize existing systems/services to improve performance and efficiency.
- Work with service developers closely to understand their new requirements and address them in a scalable and efficient way.
- Be an active participant of the open-source community, working with and building state-of-the-art container orchestration framework.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available distributed infrastructure services
- Experience working on public cloud, containerization, and/or Linux
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
- Docker and kubernetes experience preferred
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.