Data Engineer - New York
Full-time Palantir New York - NY
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Data team is the backbone of Palantir’s data-driven operations. We architect Palantir’s internal data infrastructure, partner with company leadership to implement and measure the impact of strategic projects, and inform how engineers build the next generation of Palantir’s data platform. Our internal customers span every team at Palantir, including Business Development, Product Development, Sales, Support, Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Recruiting, and Security.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying issues within operational workflows, iterating on improvements, and measuring their impact across Palantir — all through analyzing and contributing back to Palantir's internal data platform. Data Engineers are partners on key areas of strategic focus for Palantir's business, so delivering meaningful impact for Palantir will be your primary measure of success.
- Write code to transform noisy real-world data into high-signal models that stand the test of time.
- Excavate the hidden insights in Palantir's internal data that will revolutionize our business strategy.
- Communicate insights in a way that resonates with partners — including Palantir's leadership — to turn theory into action.
- Through developing an understanding of the nature of how Palantir operates, proactively identify new areas of investment for the business.
- A background in science or engineering, especially in fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with programming languages such as Python, R, Java, or similar languages. Prior experience working with Apache Spark is also desirable.
- Ability to take an expansive and creative approach to solving problems.
- Experience in a role that requires rigorous financial or business analytics.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment by consistently revising your approach in response to new information.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.