Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Full-time Juul California - CA
Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
JUUL seeks a dynamic, highly-motivated computer engineer or electrical engineer with a passion for writing software to support our New Product Introduction and Sustaining Engineering activities. In this hands-on, cross-functional role, the candidate will be responsible for developing the next-generation of hardware and software testing infrastructure that will enable JUUL Labs to bring our hardware products to the next level. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The position will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL Labs.
- Build custom test systems to support hardware, software and firmware engineering; examples include:
- Systems to automate hardware-in-the-loop testing of firmware and software builds
- Systems for facilitating automated production testing of hardware in factories
- Systems for automated data collection, analysis, and visualization for system validation and characterization
- Build custom tools to enable greater efficiency during new JUUL product development
- Develop best-practices for creating, executing and managing tests on JUUL products
- Troubleshoot and bring up custom test-fixtures developed by our contract manufacturing partners
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Previous software development experience preferred: C/C++ and/or Python
- Understanding of continuous integration practices and principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with hardware-in-the-loop testing infrastructure and systems
- Experience working with embedded connected devices and platforms
- Experience working with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI, UART and/or I2C
- Bonus: Experience with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Bonus: Experience with AWS and/or GCP specifically related to cloud storage
- Bonus: Passionate for data analysis and visualization
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or related technical field; Master’s degree a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.