Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Full-time Clever Remote, California - CA, North Carolina - NC
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Support the needs of the engineering organization enabling them to rapidly deliver new services and deploy their changes with high confidence.
- Own and scale all the AWS services used by Clever.
- Develop and operate the build pipeline from GitHub to production.
- Build monitoring and logging services to ensure the smooth operation of Clever products.
- Implement tooling for multi-region support and fast failover
- Day-to-day work with the CTO on the infrastructure roadmap to support Clever’s business needs.
- Sponsor resiliency efforts to achieve 99.98%+ uptime for critical services.
To get a sense of what the Clever engineering team is working on, check out our engineering blog.
The Clever team works across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we support teams writing frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and Go for backend services. We build tooling and encode best practices across a variety of cloud solutions including MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong backend engineering experience
- Experience developing on top of a cloud provider (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with AWS Technologies we use is a bonus: ECS (Fargate), Lambda, Glue, RDS Aurora, DynamoDB, ALBs, VPCs, Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Experience working with a mix of cloud services to build out systems
- The ability to learn quickly when it comes to understanding and staying up-to-date with cloud services and features
- Design and product sense for building as an internal infrastructure/platform team
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers