Full-time Sentry California - CA
About the Role
The Data team designs and builds data pipelines that transform data into actionable models and metrics that provides insight for the organization. We own the data pipelines that brings data together from different sources and help business, product, engineering and marketing teams explore the data and gain insight.
As a Data Analyst, you will work with stakeholders in Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to deliver key metrics and insights.
In this role you will:
- Interface with data consumers to understand organization's data needs.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and visualizations which empower stakeholders across the organization to make data driven decisions.
- Combine raw tables and fact datasets into unified views and explores to support all analytics at Sentry.
- Design and build out modularized Looker data model.
You'll love this job if you:
- You enjoy working cross-functionally with other teams, learning their missions and how you can empower them to make data driven decisions.
- You enjoy surfacing trends and business insights during data discussions.
- You enjoy knowing more about SQL than anyone else.
- You understand accurate data is at the root of all decision making in a successful organization.
- 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst or similar, working with large data sets and cloud infrastructure.
- Expert in at least one dialect of SQL.
- Expert in at least one of the BI/data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Familiarity with business domains like Finance, Marketing and Sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Experience with python or a similar scripting language.
- Experience using workflow management tools like Airflow.
- Experience building ETL pipelines (Hive, Spark, Dataflow).
- Experience implementing best practices in data governance.