Full-time Kin Remote, Florida - FL, Illinois - IL
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us to manage our growing cloud infrastructure needs. You'll work closely with our engineering, QA, and product teams to provide best practices, tooling, and support, and enable our continued growth. You will play a critical role in enabling the scaling and security of our cloud infrastructure, as well as our production capacity.
A day in the life could include:
- Maintaining, designing, implementing and upgrading our cloud infrastructure to support our application platforms
- Owning and supporting underlying infrastructure and cross-cutting services such as logging exception tracking and monitoring
- Minimizing risk of site reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and security
- Implementing best practices to improve reliability, instituting performance improvements, and improving the software development process, including the buildout of testing environments. This includes engineering solutions for ensuring the reliability of the platform, including mandating a BCP strategy and following sound DevOps practices
- Taking ownership of the production risk environment by monitoring availability and developing metrics for measuring platform health--helping to establish SLAs and KPIs for system availability
- Driving the incident management process for system outages and service degradations
- Helping develop tooling systems, and workflows that assist Kin’s Engineering, QA, and Product team, to achieve high-quality software
- Working throughout the technology stack to develop, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability and security
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Background in developing distributed applications, cloud technologies, and delivering self-service infrastructure
- 2+ years of Devops / SRE experience
- 2+ years experience with high availability, concurrent distributed infrastructures
- Experience with leading cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services and Terraform
- Extensive experience working with Linux containers, schedulers and surrounding tools such as Docker
- Expertise in creating automated CI/CD Pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and Github Actions
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, or similar)
- Database administration experience (PostGres preferred)
- At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment visas