At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Constellation and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 200 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Constellation!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations for the power uprate team. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs. (30%)
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems. (15%)
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues. (15%)
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles. (15%)
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications. (15%)
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs. (5%)
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations. (5%)
Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer 2B. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Design Engineering: Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Engineering Services: Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program.
- Safety Analysis Support: Maintains appropriate level of knowledge of safety analyses and methodologies. Provides interface function between corporate Engineering Safety Analysis and the site. Reviews design and licensing basis documents to support plant changes. Performs tasks that support Engineering Safety Analysis areas of responsibility, including development of fuel reload and safety analysis input parameter listings.
- Prepare error-free engineering products, which includes but is not limited to drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations, and design changes, according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations as well as Constellation procedures, processes, and specifications.
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget while maintaining accountability for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other engineers and/or designers in the design, modification, and analysis of power plant systems.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- Prepare and review specifications to define design and construction requirements
- Review shop drawings and other vendor documentation for conformity to specifications
- Perform walk downs of plant structures, systems, and components related to the project work
- Work in the field assisting with shut-downs, startups, installation, and maintenance projects.
- B. S. in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent Technical degree
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for Structural Engineering calculations
- Experience in the design of concrete, masonry, and steel structures, preferably at nuclear power plants
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to structural engineering
- Knowledgeable in the design, evaluation and inspection of nuclear or commercial structures
- Knowledgeable of structural dynamics (seismic, wind, etc.)
- Knowledge of equipment foundation design and analysis
- Knowledge and experience with heavy load rigging
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software (STAAD or equivalent)
- Knowledgeable of the performance requirements of nuclear safety related structures
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.