Full-time Uptake Remote
What You will Do:
We are looking for an experienced SQL Developer to join our Cloud Platform team. In this position, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with a team of software professionals to deploy state-of-the-art web-based business applications for customers. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Data Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Mapping and Data Ingestion
- Tenant Provisioning
- Product installation and configuration
- Developing SQL configuration scripts for onboarding and deployments
- Configuration issues triage and troubleshooting
- Backup\Restore, BCP in\out between different source and target environments
- Monitoring SQL Server performance
- Tuning and enhancing SQL objects such as stored procedures.
- Understand the need for extra effort and be willing and able to do what it takes to ensure success.
This position will sometimes require after-hours and weekend availability.
Data Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in a Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in development and supporting Microsoft SQL and SQL objects
- Strong experience T-SQL, complex SQL stored procedures
- Previous experience with software development
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- Experience manipulating SQL Server data (ETL, SQL queries, BCP).
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler and SQL Agent.
- Experience with SQL Server backup and restore, SQL Agent job scheduling a definite asset.
- Experience with Redgate SQL tools preferred
- Familiarity with Git and version control concepts
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with installing and configuring IIS including version 7 and later.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Experience with Confluence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be a mix of strong technical skills and communication skills.
You should have experience with SQL development and database code tuning and enhancements, with hands-on experience. You should have strong communication skills to be successful both within the Platform team and with the other cross functional teams at Uptake Canada.