Data Scientist, Marketing and Acquisition
Full-time FourKites Remote, Illinois - IL
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
Be part of an innovative organization by joining one of the country’s fastest growing companies that is reshaping the supply chain industry, and was identified as FreightWaves top 100 in 2020.
The Data Scientist, Marketing role is critical to FourKites’ overall Marketing strategy and growth of the business. The role, which combines data-driven storytelling and deep data science techniques to drive our marketing growth engine, will focus on two primary areas:
- Analyzing data from the FourKites network to identify major trends impacting global supply chains and logistics. Stories featuring FourKites data have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, NBC and many industry publications.
- Analyzing marketing and business performance data to help drive business growth. As a hyper-growth company, FourKites executes a wide range of global marketing programs investing millions of dollars on digital advertising, content marketing, PR, social, events and much more. The Marketing Data Scientist will work directly across the marketing team and senior marketing management to drive the right programs, the right investments and ensure business growth.
The Data Scientist, Marketing will work closely with various members of the Marketing team, in addition to members of the Data Science, Engineering and Business Operations teams.
- Leveraging FourKites platform data to uncover important trends in the logistics space, and be able to tell crisp, succinct data-driven stories through deep analysis and visualizations. Such analysis is integral to driving continued inbound media interest, and fuels ongoing Marketing campaigns
- Conducting in-depth analysis of persona behavior on the FourKites website to determine the most impactful content opportunities to drive buyer behavior
- Marketing Performance Analytics: Analyze channel interactions and other key indicators to determine the right mix of Marketing investments (e.g., campaign ROI analysis)
- Plan and build reports to identify the buyer journey and lifecycle experience for our products, from discovery, purchase, onboarding and adoption
- Automating reporting and dashboarding processes to improve productivity
- Collaborating with Data Science and Biz Ops teams to build relevant data powered solutions for the Marketing department
- Experience telling stories with data, including clear data visualizations, and an ability to communicate clearly and cogently with data
- Deep experience in B2B marketing channel, campaign and funnel performance tracking, analysis and reporting
- Experience in analysis and reporting across advertising platforms, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, Demandbase (or similar ABM platforms)
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Querying and Dashboarding tools like SQL, Tableau, Sisense, Apache Superset, Postgre SQL and Google Data Studio
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Sisense, Superset, Power BI, etc.)
- Proven ability to investigate data (vetting, anomaly detection and resolution, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python to manipulate data and perform advanced data handling tasks
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.