Full-time Bungalow Remote
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead statistical and machine learning efforts in relation to practical problems. Our present and future projects use experimental data analysis, machine learning, signal processing, time series analysis, geospatial analysis, natural language processing, and more. We'll give you as many challenges as you can seek and help you grow in your fields of interest.
- Help Bungalow more effectively identify neighborhoods and properties that would be a good fit for the platform, combining and analyzing both in-house and third-party data sets, to assist our supply-side teams.
- Develop and expand our internal pricing tools to help ensure that property pricing and room pricing are optimized based on premium features, market conditions, and demand, assisting our demand-side teams.
- Help our customer-facing teams make resident and homeowner satisfaction even better by identifying possible pain points through analyzing data we collect or detecting and warning about anomalies in the system.
- Work with a cross-functional team that includes product management, business operations, engineering, and others to execute on projects.
- Contribute to our growing IP / patent portfolio.
- Collaborate with engineering to write and implement algorithms in production.
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research) or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Expertise in exploratory and statistical data analysis and testing, such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SQL, and either Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- 2+ years of professional experience in data analysis, data mining, predictive modeling or related fields.
- Experience with NLP and/or image processing.
- Experience using BI tools and visualizing/presenting data (Periscope) for stakeholders.
- Experience obtaining and normalizing datasets from third-party platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Segment, Facebook Ads).
- Experience advising engineering and product teams on product modeling problems and statistical practices is a plus.
- Experience working in a high-growth/startup environment is a plus.
- The ability to translate business requirements into science problems is a plus.
- A track record of implementing and deploying large-scale machine learning applications and tools is a plus.
What we value:
- Build better. Always challenge the status quo, constantly look for ways to improve across the entire organization.
- Focus on impact. Ruthlessly prioritize and continue to ask: "Does it scale?"
- Community first. We always look for ways to make our applicants, customers, and teammates feel more at home. We are the steady & trusted source for members new and old.
- Feedback obsessed. We are constantly looking for feedback (from customers & teammates) in order to find ways to improve our experience across all facets of the organization. We never settle for the status quo, we consistently drive progress and growth by challenging our mindset and iterating our processes.
- Move fast. We are less afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities by moving too slowly. We are a culture of builders & innovators.
- Be an owner. You are the expert & ruler of your domain. If you see something broken, fix it or work with the team to make sure we are always at our best. Always look for ways to improve organizationally and personally.
Data Scientist - Insights
Udemy Full-time California - CA
Greenhouse Full-time Remote
Data Scientist - Denver, Colorado
Snapdocs Full-time Colorado - CO
Data Scientist, Marketing and Acquisition
FourKites Full-time Remote, Illinois - IL
verano Brands Full-time Illinois - IL