Full-time Carta New York - NY
The Editorial & Content Team is a scrappy team of content strategists and journalists. We’re passionate about democratizing equity ownership, increasing access to financial education, bringing valuable insights and data to the venture ecosystem, and spreading the word about Carta.
The team sits within the Marketing team, which encompasses Marketing, Channel, and Policy & Government Affairs. Your teammates have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, won on Jeopardy!, written political speeches heard by thousands, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.
Carta helps more than 21,000 companies and 1,000,000 security holders manage equity, which represents more than a trillion dollars in post-money valuation and more than 220,000 startup investors. We’re on a quest to demystify the intentionally opaque world of equity and private markets—and one way we can do that is with data.
As a data storyteller, your work will help us solve for:
- Ideas and strategy: You’ll use our data to contribute ideas for relevant, compelling stories and series about trends and topics that matter to Carta’s audiences.
- Data storytelling: You’ll outline, research, and write stories about our data regularly and work with the team to tell those stories across platforms, including social media and video. You’ll also partner with our Insights team to create regular reports that shine a light on various topics within the ecosystem.
- Visualization: Working with our Insights team and designers, you’ll come up with ways to tell stories graphically to help bring our insights to life.
- Other writing: As needed, you’ll collaborate with the team to use your writing skills on other stories that will be informed by (but not centering) data.
- Performance: You’ll monitor your works’ performance to goals, exploring ways to change strategy when needed based on your results.
- Efficiency: You’ll manage and communicate your time in order to work to deadlines.
You are a deeply curious professional writer who loves thinking critically and working collaboratively. You know that stories are how we make sense of numbers, and you thrive on the creative challenge of transforming our data into compelling stories across platforms and channels. You understand data visualization techniques and consider yourself a true partner to designers to get stories told across platforms, including social and video. You are a true team player who will own your own workstream, and you would enjoy “yes, and” content brainstorm sessions being part of your weekly cadence.
Ideally, you’re also plugged into the venture ecosystem, with a strong grasp of equity fundamentals and a genuine empathy for founders. But if celebrating the stories of founders and emerging managers appeals to you, if you want to join us on our quest to demystify the intentionally opaque world of equity and private market, and if you have a portfolio of incredible content you’ve made for multiple audiences, voices, goals, and channels: Let’s talk.