Sales Engineer - REMOTE NATIONWIDE
Full-time Side Remote
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
About the team
The Sales team identifies top producing real estate agents and teams to educate and evangelize a truly better way to live and work. We get very busy people to pause, listen, and make time to understand the difference between thinking like a top agent vs acting like a business owner. There is power in ownership, freedom in ownership, and exponential wealth in ownership. It is our mission, and quite frankly, our obligation, to bring a new and improved brokerage solution to both the best agents and the consumers who rely on their mentorship and expertise.
Our team of highly skilled sales professionals operate in a performance driven culture that embraces change and values vitality. We demonstrate hard-work (high activity) as well as smart-work (industry experience) to get the job done. We started in California and are now expanding to other states, thus we are looking to add additional sales engineering resources to support expansion into new markets.
About the role
As Sales Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role on the sales team at Side. You’ll combine your technical aptitude, exceptional communication skills, residential real estate background and creative problem solving to lead the technical discussion with our key prospects.
Your focus will center around learning everything there is to know about our offering to become the subject matter expert on the pre-sales team. You will understand each prospect profile and align with our Sales Executives to tailor the offering accordingly, then deliver high-quality presentations to our high value prospects, including highlighting and reiterating our core value propositions and overcoming objections as necessary.
- Presentations: You will work closely with Sales to understand our prospect profiles and prospect needs, then tailor and deliver pre-sales presentations including our proprietary tech stack to our prospects with the sole aim of closing
- SME: Thoroughly comprehend Side’s current product suite, and product roadmap in order to fluently highlight the value and growing benefits of the Side offering to prospects during sales presentations
- Partnership: Partner with a team of hard-working Sales Engineers to refine processes & playbooks to help drive team effectiveness & efficiency as we scale.
- Enhance Scalability: Seek opportunities to help us work smarter via new/refined tools and processes and contribute to the continued growth and success of the team
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally by teaming with Sales, Creative, Marketing, Product and Brokerage to support our knowledge base and build best in class presentations
- Maintain a high bar of excellence for yourself and the team, while working with a high degree of autonomy
- 2+ years in a technical pre-sales role
- Real estate industry experience either as an agent, working in a brokerage as staff, or other industry vendor is required.
- Passion to serve both internal and external customers, with demonstrated success in pre-sales or consultative customer-facing roles
- Experience confidently providing relevant information and illustrating clear value propositions in a pre-sales environment
- Previous blend of experience in sales, business development, and services delivery for a B2B SaaS solution is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong teammate and a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with some business-related travel 10 - 20% of the time
- A passion for closing deals
Compensation & Benefits
Best-in-class benefits including:
- Competitive salary including base + bonus
- Stock options
- 100% coverage on your health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance (and 70% for your dependants)
- Flexible PTO
- $5000 Family Building Benefit
- Wellness Subsidy Benefit
- $1000 /yr professional Development Reimbursement Credit
- Real Estate License Benefit
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.