People Operations Coordinator
Full-time Warby Parker New York - NY
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
People Operations Coordinator
Intro: Warby Parker is looking for an all-star People Operations Coordinator to join us as a key member of the People team at our New York City headquarters, supporting employees across the U.S. and Canada. This person will help manage the employee lifecycle and be a resource for all things People-related for our employees, both near and far. Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter, with an eagle eye for detail and passion for helping others. Ready to impact the future of Warby Parker? Read on!
- Be the first point of contact for all employee questions; research and troubleshoot all inquiries related to People benefits, policies, procedures, and more—and route escalated issues to the appropriate team members when necessary
- Support key operational processes and workflows across the employee lifecycle, including onboarding/offboarding, employee changes/transfers, data management and compliance
- Input employee data into HRIS/payroll systems and ensure all info (e.g., new hire documents, employment status changes, terminations, regular data audits) is accurate and up-to-date
- Support benefits administration and organize materials for new hire orientation, annual benefit open enrollment, invoice reconciliation, and employee leave management
- Assist with administration and compliance regarding employment verifications, personnel files, unemployment, tax notices, and labor law posters (the list goes on!)
- Be proactive in making data-driven recommendations and identify key areas for process improvement and efficiency
- Support systems setup, updates, and troubleshooting (e.g. ADP, Dayforce, Sapling)
- Eager and early in your journey, having up to 1 year of relevant experience in HR or Finance & Accounting
- Armed with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Comfortable in Microsoft Excel and eager to become a guru
- Extremely detail-oriented (you’ve never met an “i” you didn’t want to dot)
- An expert communicator in writing and in person (the ability to communicate professionally with external and internal folks, and with all levels of management, is paramount here!)
- A positive team player who’s passionate about cultivating a supportive, inclusive workplace culture
- Able to manage highly confidential and sensitive matters with poise and maturity
- Comfortable juggling different tasks and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner and without errors; able to quickly digest and execute new processes and identify opportunities to make improvements
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with group benefit plans
- Knowledge of HR systems