Junior Software Engineer - Location Flexible
Full-time Dropbox Remote, California - CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. We care deeply about collaboration and feedback during the development process. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will combine learning with immense impact. You will feel this impact from week one - yes, you will contribute code on your own during your first week!
Your development and success starts with our engineering on-boarding program, working closely with your dedicated mentor and engineering lead, as well as collaborating with experienced engineers across Dropbox. In addition, we have created many company-wide learning and development events and programs to help supplement your learning.
As a Junior Software engineer, there are multiple types of roles and teams you may be a good fit for at Dropbox. Here are some examples of roles and teams that you can have an impact on:
- Product Engineering- Build delightful full-stack user experiences that tackle real customer needs and help drive tons of revenue for Dropbox. As a product engineering intern you can expect to work across backend, API, desktop, mobile and web.
- Infrastructure Engineering- Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files, and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Analytics Engineering- Measure, optimize, and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive insights from vast amounts of data. Our massive scale means you’ll work with more data than many other analytics firms combined.
- Mobile Engineering- Craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices by learning and applying the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK using Kotlin and Swift. You are also responsible for building the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Front End Engineering- Help keep our websites up and running by applying everything our application engineers do with the curiosity and interest in building fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experiences for the modern web, using technologies like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)- Build the software and automation that controls the hardware to run our products. Work with a team who lives on the boundary of software and hardware and develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of our products, our commitment to ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers, and serve as the first line of defense when something goes with our production infrastructure or services.
- Security Engineering- People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You are a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. Security engineers collaborate with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- 0-2 years of full-time software development experience
- Experience writing or shipping software as part of full-time work, college/bootcamp coursework, personal projects, internships, coding competitions or research
- Available to start in August - December 2021
- Passion for learning, solving problems, and challenging the status quo
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Software Engineer II
Definitive Healthcare Full-time Massachusetts - MA
Jr. Software Engineer (Java)
Enfusion Full-time Illinois - IL
Conagra Brands Full-time Michigan - MI
Tier 3 Support Engineer
Guideline Full-time California - CA
IT Helpdesk Engineer
LetsGetChecked Full-time Florida - FL