Full-time Pilot Remote, California - CA
Every company needs to keep track of its finances, and most hire a bookkeeping firm to help do so. Today, there is no clear best-in-class firm that delivers a high quality service and integrates with the tools and workflows of the businesses as they grow. Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (including bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to.
Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. This means business owners, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
We are looking for a data analyst to improve and expand our data capabilities, with an emphasis on solving business-critical problems through data analysis and visualization. As an analyst, you will have the opportunity to partner with teams across the organization to uncover valuable insights and solve their data needs. If you are passionate about using data to solve hard problems, we want to hear from you!
- Build and maintain LookML, dashboards, and reports in Looker
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytics requests, while addressing stakeholder long-term goals and ensuring we’re solving the right problems
- Leverage metrics to drive insights and influence business decisions
- Ensure data quality and make data accessible to key stakeholders
- Train individuals and teams on how to use your dashboards and reports to empower them to use data to drive their decisions
- 2+ years of experience in a data role
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Extensive Looker experience is required, including LookML development, complex permission management, dashboard optimizations
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Experience with R or Python is a plus
- Experience with dbt, Snowflake, Fivetran, Stitch is a plus
Pilot also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.