Hotel Takeover Coordinator
Full-time Sonder Washington - WA
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
With Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
The Hotels Takeover Coordinator’s mandate is to ensure that all hotel properties joining the Sonder portfolio open on time, on budget, on brand and ready to ramp revenue seamlessly. They are the subject matter experts on hotel openings and provide on-site support for hotel takeovers as they execute against the Sonder hotel openings playbook. They will collaborate closely with Regional Opening teams on specific projects and the Revenue teams to support seamless integration of marketing and distribution channels. They report into the Senior Hotel Takeover Manager.
In this role, you will be working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (revenue, technology, real estate, interior design, guest experience, operations, etc.) and external stakeholders (owners, digital marketers, 3PLs, interior designers, general contractors, etc.). We value scrappy, process-driven, and highly analytical individuals who have strong experience in project management and operations. Passion for Sonder’s mission and product is a must!
- Support Senior Hotel Takeover PM’s efforts to improve the hotel takeover playbook with the goal improving conversion efficacy and efficiency
- Collaborate with Regional Openings PMs to identify and convert key elements of the guest experience on property that need to be updated as part of the Sonder conversion.
- Work closely with Revenue, Distribution and technology teams to ensure that the existing websites, social media presence, OTA listings, online reviews, Google maps, etc. is properly converted into the new Sonder brand.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to implement plans to retain and educate existing guests, support the transition of reservations, and drive initial bookings and reviews.
- Minimum 3 years of professional hotels openings experience
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience
- Good understanding of digital marketing, online distribution, and/or comfort with web-based technology platforms is a plus
- A proven track record of prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
- A detail oriented perfectionist with exceptional organizational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to plan independently and complete projects with minimal supervision, while also providing progress road maps to manager and team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to identify and convey critical information to stakeholders quickly and precisely
- A professional presence when interacting with senior management, external clients, and vendors
- A consummate team player who cultivates a positive culture
- Expert with Google Suite; experience with project management applications such as Asana a plus
- Past experience with early/mid-stage startups, digital advertising agency, a plus
- Proficiency with Google Suite; experience with project management applications(ProCore, MS Project and HoloBuilder) a plus
- Ability to travel up to 80%; this is a role that will require significant travel, preference for individuals to be located near larger airports to make travel across Regions easier.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes