Sales Development Representative
Full-time Alation California - CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
Alation is looking for energetic and motivated people to join our Sales Development team. If you’re an upbeat personality and enjoy being on the front lines of a fast moving start-up we want to talk to you. SDRs are at the core of our marketing and sales strategies, helping us drive our growth. You’ll be learning integral skills that will foster your professional development in years to come. Your contributions and growth will help fuel our mutual success.
This is an exciting opportunity for a college graduate with 1-2 yrs SDR/BDR or inside sales experience to join a PRE-IPO, Silicon Valley Data Catalog startup, based out of Redwood City, CA. This role will be based out of Redwood City, CA with a focus on supporting the East region.
- Qualify inbound leads and generate meetings for Sales Leaders
- Define a outbound strategy by researching Fortune companies to identify current and future Data Catalog trends/initiatives
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization, discussing the value of Alation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working with both field sales and marketing to convert leads into qualified meetings
- Creating and executing creative sales/marketing campaigns
- LinkedIn – social selling and lead gen activity
- Salesforce – manage, organize and update contacts database
- Outreach - experience with Outreach’s engagement platform would be beneficial
- Consistently work to deadlines and targets
- Articulate with strong business acumen
- Professional, creative and a dynamic presence
- Demonstrated high degree of success at university and/or enterprise inside sales
- The ability to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly (we are a startup).
- Must have strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Having a data analysis background is highly favored
- A positive attitude and a desire to build a world-class company, as well as willingness to work closely with other functions within Alation to achieve that
- A strong focus on customer success
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both
Compensation & Benefits
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.