Hardware Engineer (Co-op)
Internship Verkada California - CA
- Partner with experienced engineers to design and validate our hardware products.
- Design and execute experiments to test new circuit concepts.
- Schematic capture and layout for systems and/or test boards.
- Learn to work with our manufacturing partners to drive ongoing improvements to efficiency.
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field; nearing graduation (winter 2022 - spring 2023).
- Available for an extended term (6-8 months).
- Experience with electronic test equipment, schematic design, and board level validation.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a Hardware Engineering Intern at Verkada, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other enterprise IoT products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the electrical design from prototype through to mass production. You’ll make a big impact — your designs will be a part of future products that Verkada ships.