UX Researcher - Remote, USA
Full-time Returnly Remote, Illinois - IL
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
Returnly has recently been acquired by Affirm, whose mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency, and putting people first — Affirm empowers millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly and gives thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth.
About the role
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to establish the foundations of a strong UX function. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond Product Design to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design.
Returnly is seeking a talented and curiosity-driven individual to join our User Experience Research team. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can work cross-functionally to better understand the needs, behaviors, and desires of shoppers and merchants alike to deliver the best return process possible.
- Lead research for one of our product areas, including identifying impactful projects and prioritizing initiatives
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Partner with designers, content strategists, PMs, and engineers to identify research needs and build a research roadmap.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
- Experience conducting a wide breadth of qualitative user research methodologies.
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- 3+ years experience conducting research within product organizations, preferably with direct to consumer e-commerce platforms.
- Experience working as a part of a Product Design organization, comfortable participating in design critiques, reviews, and pushing designers to think with a user-centric mindset.
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research.