Quality & Reliability Engineer
Full-time Cobalt Robotics Remote, California - CA
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
The Quality & Reliability Engineer is a crucial role that will ultimately raise the performance of the company in terms of the quality, reliability and acceptance of its products, by its customers and partners. In addition this person will be responsible for establishing a corporate quality system and growing a high caliber team that ensures customer satisfaction and positively impacts the financial performance of Cobalt Robotics.
- Implement and uphold quality & compliance standards and processes in development, manufacturing and with suppliers
- Determine the appropriate quality and compliance requirements for the different operations processes
- Perform quality audits and participate in supplier selection with Supply Chain and engineering
- Establish and maintain an effective Quality Management System (QMS)
- Establish and implement robust product reliability standards and testing procedures including field maintenance
- Meet or exceed customer quality expectations and champion tools for designing-in and assuring quality, as well as continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives
- Using knowledge of customer concerns and requirements, partner closely with engineering, production and customer service upfront to enable the development/specification of robust design and manufacturing processes in order to deliver world-class products
- Effectively create and support process enhancement initiatives to maintain an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance standards as it relates to CE and Robotics products (UL, ISO, etc)
- Setting and driving applicable ISO standards and best practice processes throughout operations
- ISO 13485, quality assurance and compliance experience and driving implementation through the organization
- Knowledge of establishing and maintaining effective Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Must have a demonstrable record of implementing and maintaining a total quality system; laying out a strategic plan and overseeing the tactical implementation, driving improved operational and quality metrics
- Successful development and implementation of a quality strategy for a manufacturing operations environment in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Quality
- A high energy level matched with enthusiasm is an important attitude within the organization. Will set an example for department through personal commitment and drive
- Critical Thinking - Able to work in uncharted areas. Capable of integrating large amounts of information to address complex issues. Challenges conventional wisdom when required. Intellectually aggressive with a strong end-product orientation
- Interpersonal Skills - Able to quickly establish and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within all levels and functions of the organization. Creates team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives. Maintains positive, professional relationships with external contacts
- Organizational Skills - Able to operate independently. Manages time well, follows through on commitments and pays attention to details. Able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Maturity - Able to provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment. Is assertive and confident. Recognizes when help is needed because of lack of pertinent knowledge
- Professional - Able to demonstrate unquestionable integrity, credibility and character. Has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- Prior startup experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.