Software Engineer, Intern
Internship Domino Data Lab Remote, California - CA
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
As a software engineer intern at Domino, you will be working alongside talented engineers from all backgrounds. Our engineering interns are versatile and ready to learn, working with technology and teams that operate across various areas of the product. Most importantly, we are looking for interns who are ready to take on the challenges of working at a fast-moving startup. At Domino, we trust our interns to work on some of the most important and high visibility projects. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on your team and the company as a whole during your internship here.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Work closely with other engineers to design and implement a new product feature or an improvement to an existing feature
- Partner with our product and design teams to iterate on product specifications and design mocks
- Be eager and willing to learn how to work with new technologies
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience coding in at least one industry-standard programming language
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- Experience working in Scala, Java, or Typescript
- Familiarity with a frontend framework such as React or Angular
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or AWS (or other cloud technologies)
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work-in- progress – we can do better at everything
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply