Production Support Specialist (Remote)
Full-time Netflix Remote
As Netflix continues to develop unique original content and build the world's most technology-driven studio, the drive to innovate around solutions, logistics, scheduling, and software grows. Simply put, our goal is to provide our production and media partners with tools superior to anything else out there, and support the effort to create the most productive and creative studio the world has ever seen.
As a Netflix Production Support Specialist, you will play a critical role by providing remote technical support to a user base of internal Netflix employees, production, and media partners utilizing our Netflix Studio technology and applications. You'll do this as a part of a global support team for our Studio technology. The NPS team ensures an exceptional experience for our users by providing remote support to critical production and media software while providing insight back to studio product teams to solve challenges with our technology as an advocate for the users that they support.
Your top priorities will be managing technical issues, research, documentation, business to business relationships, analyze trends and the impact of these issues with the ultimate goal of driving improvements in the Netflix Studio applications and overall user experience.
- You will be a part of the global Netflix Production Support team that provides user facing Tier 1 remote technical troubleshooting for our Studio Technology.
- You will contribute to our overall working environment and culture, where expressing your thoughts and sharing your feedback is a part of your every day.
- You will contribute to a growing, diverse and inclusive culture by encouraging an open minded and supportive environment
- You will receive incoming support request emails/tickets, chats, and phone contacts from our Studio technology users.
- You will be focused on ensuring a high level of support is maintained for our users and continuously look for improvements to the support experience.
- You will participate in and own daily support work and projects, including knowledge base content updates, bug triage and prioritization, user facing outage management, and escalation of issues to our 2nd tier of support.
- You will collaborate with your colleagues in a global setting, partnering with our other offices to share ideas and feedback to ensure our operational alignment, support, documentation, and research is of the highest calibre
- You will work with key stakeholders from various departments maintaining alignment and effectively partnering towards common goals and initiatives
- You will compose feature request/bug reporting documentation as well as creating reports on current issues impacting our users and products
- You will seek to expose user friction and reliability concerns within the products and processes that also drive pain for our production teams
- You have a strong background and at least 3+ years of experience in a technical troubleshooting, research, documentation and/or support engineer role; documenting the users experience and determining the root cause of technical issues. Experience and knowledge of film production and or post production is a plus.
- You have experience supporting micro services, Enterprise Level Google Suite and Admin, Cloud, SaaS, and/or SSO based software.
- You have a comprehension of codecs and data transfer protocols with knowledge of digital file specs and size formats.
- You have experience working with software support tools such as Zendesk, JIRA, and Confluence or similar products.
- You have knowledge or experience supporting users of software such as Aspera, Nuke, Shotgun, Flix, Maya or other media and animation products would be a strong plus.
- You have the ability to analyze and document trends in our support and data to assess the priority and impact of issues.
- You are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve our operations, user experiences, and deliver cohesive ideas around innovative support strategies and application design considerations.
- You have strong communication skills to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively in a remote environment and are are proficient with phone, email, and computer-based support solutions
- You love to create and define new support solutions, offer highly effective solutions to their problems, cut out complexity, and get teams back to being productive.
- You thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, and strong collaboration is paramount.
- You have fluency in English; and at least one other language is a plus, ideally Spanish, French, Korean or Japanese.
- You have the flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts, at times
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with more than 210 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.