Full-time Spring Health Remote, New York - NY
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Reporting to the Director of Implementation and partnering with the Revenue team, the Implementation Associate will provide assistance to the Implementation and Customer Success teams, specifically on customer related tasks that require internal coordination and support. This role will be customer facing approximately 20% of the time.
- Serve as first level support for the Implementation and Customer Success teams on internal tasks required to support our customers such as recapping actionable items from implementation meetings, tracking and updating implementation project plans, coordinating meeting times with multiple stakeholders, taking meeting minutes, initiating and tracking status of internal systems and procedures, pulling reports and investigating product related issues.
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments such as product, operations, data science and marketing. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Census Management
- Assisting with member marketing material creation and editing
- Managing open tickets and ensure deadlines are met
- Reporting updates and enhancements
- Assist in reaching solutions for customer needs by coordinating across internal/external cross-functional partners and relationships
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in business operations or customer facing roles
- Outstanding organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to change, react quickly to issues, and solve problems creatively
- Self-motivated & team-oriented
- A strong desire to learn in a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment
- Crave continuous improvement both personally and professionally
- Technical experience with tools and responsibilities such as SFTP, ticketing systems and data entry
- Proficient use of Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.