Cloud Support Engineer
Full-time Velosio Remote
As a member of Velosio’s Cloud engineering and managed services team, the Cloud Engineer is focused on environment deployments, environment management, storage management, application deployment, shared services activities including backup management, event monitoring, and resolution, anti-virus management, and Level 2 support for Cloud Clients.
As a member of the Cloud Success team, the Cloud Support Engineer manages inbound support incidents for Cloud clients and internal Stratos Cloud support
- Support case review, communicate to the external or internal client, troubleshoot issues, and document case details
- Prepare maintain and update documented plans in place for how to deal with emergencies and problems with the systems
- Escalate to level 2 support, the Cloud Success Manager, or our business partners (Microsoft, Avast, etc.), if required
- Leverage Cloud support services to assist with Velosio’s Cloud environment managed services as needed (including management, monitoring, and environment patching) and participate as a deployment consultant on projects as required
- Continue the development and improvement of existing systems so that they are not compromised and ensure that they are working effectively
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or comparable level of practical experience
- Programming skills and technical knowledge to recover data and fix systems when there are problems
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review software and systems to identify potential or existing problems
- Customer service skills to assist clients
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to address client issues effectively
- The ability to work independently and provide leadership to new staff in their department, who they may also be responsible for training
- Demonstrated communication skills so that issues can be identified efficiently, and written documentation about how to address problems with the system
- Microsoft Certification or other formal certifications related to cloud computing.
Velosio, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Velosio’s 400 employees who serve over 4,000 clients. We are among the largest and most recognized Microsoft Dynamics partners with thousands of active customers. Many years as a recognized leader in ERP, CRM, Cloud productivity, and business intelligence solutions has repeatedly landed Velosio in the top 1% of Microsoft Dynamics Partners worldwide. We are the only US partner hand-selected by Microsoft to mentor and manage other partners as a Microsoft Master VAR. We also simplify the cloud experience for partners as an Indirect Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP).