Site Reliability Engineer, Digital Workplace
Full-time Spotify Remote, New York - NY
We are looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering group, the team responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Spotify. Our mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify one of the best places to work.
As an SRE you will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems with a focus on optimizing systems and reducing work through automation. At Spotify, our engineers are at the forefront of the SRE profession and are empowered to work on meaningful projects. Their expertise has been featured in both editions of O’Reilly’s “Site Reliability Handbook.” They achieve this from an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to “safe to fail”, to learn, and to grow.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle for services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and optimization
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Experienced in designing, analyzing, optimizing code and solving problems related to large-scale distributed systems
- Know how to write distributed, high-performance services in Java or Python and are experienced deploying and operating services on Linux
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly