Account Executive, Large Accounts - NY/CT
Rapid7 Full-time Remote, New York - NY
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
Are you looking for a chance to make a significant business impact in the white hot cyber security space with an opportunity for professional and financial growth?
We're looking for a chance to work with someone who is coachable, curious, intelligent, resilient, team oriented but results-oriented and a good storyteller with customer centric empathy.
In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with internal teams to drive net-new business opportunities from initial prospecting through negotiation and contract close. This is a quota-carrying role responsible for selling solutions from our entire portfolio. Rapid7 has a history of promoting from within and our sales representatives have a number of opportunities to grow within the organization both as individual contributors and leadership roles.
- Meet and exceed your quota by identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities at enterprise-level companies
- Creatively source new prospects and thoughtfully position Rapid7's offerings to suit their needs, be a trusted advisor.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and influence client choices and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Engineering, Sales Operations and Customer Success to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in Salesforce.
How We Set You Up For Success
- Best-in-class sales enablement training: a three week training program focused around an introduction to our industry and how to sell our security products.
- Follow-up training and coaching sessions paired with sales process and methodology training.
- Future programs aimed at advanced sales skill set development and career growth.
- A ramping quota that is designed to prioritize your development and training in order to have a successful, long-term tenure with the organization.
- Access to tools such as DiscoverOrg and LinkedIn Sales Navigator in order to remain up-to-date and uncover new business opportunities.
- Supportive and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback from your direct manager.
- An opportunity to build equity within the organization, including a clear promotion path and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Partnership opportunities with cross-functional teams to help fuel your development and continue to secure new customers, including the marketing, sales engineering, and legal teams, among others.
- The ability to travel and be onsite with customers for QBR's, trade shows, and in-person meetings.
- BA/BS degree in business or a related field.
- 3+ years of full cycle sales experience at a software or technology company.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business.
- Ability to work well autonomously and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients. Ability to learn, absorb and adapt quickly to ever-changing business priorities.
- Critical thinking in a variety of situations, demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Ability to travel 25% to client meetings as needed.
Find out with our free Resume Score Checker.
It only takes a minute and it will improve your chances to land an interview.