Accounting & Finance Internships - Summer 2022
Pilot Flying J Internship Tennessee - TN
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Company's Summer Intern Program is a full-time program hosted at our Support Center in Knoxville, TN. Running 10 weeks every summer from late May until late July, our Intern Program is an interactive and challenging internship experience for students who are ready to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Gain experience in your field of study while working on department-based projects
- Collaborate with other interns on projects targeting company initiatives
- Participate in professional development sessions, including resume and LinkedIn workshops, exploratory interviews with corporate recruiters, and a public speaking course
- Participate in philanthropic events alongside other team members
If you are majoring in an Accounting or Finance, consider interning with Pilot Company during the summer of 2022! The following departments will be offering internship opportunities focusing on Accounting and Finance.
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Income Tax
- Internal Audit
- Operations Accounting
The intern program experience is offered for current college and university students.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Minimum two years’ completion of bachelor’s degree preferred
- Actively pursuing degree in Finance, Accounting, or related required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Summer Intern Program is hosted at our Support Center in Knoxville, TN.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Find out with our free Resume Score Checker.
It only takes a minute and it will improve your chances to land an interview.