Credit Risk Internship
OppFi Internship Remote, Illinois - IL
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
The Credit Risk team at OppFi develops models and strategies for underwriting and other decision areas for its installment, salary tap, and credit card products. The team researches methods to improve the acquisition process including evaluating new data sources and modeling techniques.
- Build a Machine Learning Pipeline to update models with new data automatically.
- Work with the data science team to ensure that the framework satisfies the requirements.
- Create detailed documentation on the methodologies employed and decisions made over the course of this project.
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, or similar quantitative/STEM fields, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Graduating in Summer 2023 or December 2022.
- Technical skills - scripting in R or Python and proficient in SQL.
- Data science skills–specifically, knowledgeable on Machine Learning techniques such as XGBoost, Random Forest, Linear Regression.
- Curious to learn about the Data Science development process, and explore ways to improve the process.
- Break down problems and present findings.
Compensation & Benefits
The minimum summer salary for this role is $10,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at email@example.com.
Find out with our free Resume Score Checker.
It only takes a minute and it will improve your chances to land an interview.