Backend Engineer (Remote)
ReviewTrackers Full-time Remote, Illinois - IL
ReviewTrackers empowers businesses to understand their customers better through advanced review and customer feedback technology. ReviewTrackers software business solutions allow for analyzing, amplifying, and maximizing customer feedback to accelerate customer acquisition and improve customer retention while driving more authentic connections with customers.
At ReviewTrackers, we cultivate an inclusive, dynamic, fun, and communicative team environment. We value crafting a team that has a diverse set of backgrounds and respects a healthy expression of diverse opinions. We work to inspire our team to experiment with new ideas while collaborating and communicating with one another to find solutions!
ReviewTrackers is currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and collaborative Backend Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As a backend engineer at ReviewTrackers you will help deliver complex new features that provide our users with unique business insights. You’ll help to maintain healthy code repositories, as we strive to spend one fourth of our time tackling tech debt. You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to our web application and work in an event driven architecture. The majority of our work is done in Ruby, Postgres and RabbitMQ. There are opportunities to touch Golang and Python as well. Join us as we continue to change the way businesses interact with their customers!
- Cutting-edge products that involve natural language processing and business intelligence analysis
- Iterations on features through a deep collaboration with the Product team
- Ever improving code repositories, that are deployed daily, and tested thoroughly
- Collaborating with fellow engineers to solve new technical problems
Who you will be working with:
- Report to the Engineering Manager, and will be meeting weekly to develop a clear and defined promotional path.
- An Engineering organization of 16 engineers, and on a team of 3 other engineers, a product manager, product designer, and data scientist.
- Cross collaborating with the product team to create data-driven solutions.
- The product team to POC product ideas collected from all ReviewTrackers employees, including engineering
- Other engineers pulling in tech-debt items to help maintain a healthy codebase
- At least 1.5+ years of practical use of programming in a modern programming language(s)
- Advanced experience with one or more of the following technologies: Ruby, Python, Golang, PostgreSQL, SQL (Preferred experience using Ruby and PostgreSQL in a production environment)
- Experience participating in the architecture and design of new and existing products
- The motivation to learn new skills while contributing phenomenal work and striving to be the best version of yourself while working on a collaborative team
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% company-paid premiums for health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- BlueCross BlueShield healthcare benefits are available for families
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored 401K matching at 3%
- FSA or HSA benefits are available
- Pre-taxed transit benefits
- Diversity & Inclusion Culture Group and company-wide training(s)
- Volunteer & Fundraising initiatives
- Monthly All-Hands meeting with all ReviewTrackers departments to discuss what each team is working on and reiterate its mission
- Company Kindle, along with unlimited books of your choice
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and drinks (if you would like to work in the office, not required)
- Monthly ‘Take Your Coworker to Lunch’ paid for by ReviewTrackers (when we’re back in the office)
- $1500/yr education budget
ReviewTrackers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Find out with our free Resume Score Checker.
It only takes a minute and it will improve your chances to land an interview.