Business Data Analyst
StructionSite Full-time Remote
Construction is a $13 Trillion global industry, yet it’s one of the least digitized. Fueled by increasing venture investment, our mission puts us at the forefront of a movement driven by former construction professionals looking for a better way to modernize how the world builds.
Our founders created StructionSite to remove the grey area from construction by giving builders smarter, easy-to-use tools that streamline site documentation and gather unbiased data.
Our custom AI-powered vision engine automatically organizes photos and videos by location, time, and date giving users the ability to keep a pulse on their project’s data – helping them save time, stay on schedule, and protect profits.
The Business Data Analyst will deliver data by translating business needs into actionable insights, while operating within an analytics engineering framework - understanding how data flows from source (customer interaction, financial datapoint, etc.) to analysis and visualization in a BI system.
This person will also work closely with a Data Engineer/Scientist to close gaps in our data warehouse and ensure data completeness for our company. The Business Data Analyst will further accelerate our opportunity on how we leverage data at StructionSite.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business outcomes
- Assess gaps in completeness and accuracy of current data sources and work with engineers on closing those gaps
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing, and sales strategies
- Build graphs and dashboards in data visualization tools to enable self-service analytics
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Conduct research and generate one-off reports with graphs and written narratives to support product or go-to-market decisions
- Master's Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or other majors that involve statistical modeling and interpretation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You should know how to tell a story with data.
- Comfortable deconstructing complex and open-ended problems which may not yield a clear-cut solution.
- Experience with designing and building automated reporting dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Metabase, Mode, etc. for non-technical audiences.
- SQL knowledge is required, you should be able to push production level code.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools such as R or python is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
StructionSite respects your whole life. Here are some of the ways we support our team:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- Remote first team/Flexible Workspace
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits and 401k match
- Flexible Schedules
- Referral Bonuses
- Team events, jobsite visits, hackathons, etc.
StructionSite is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.
Find out with our free Resume Score Checker.
It only takes a minute and it will improve your chances to land an interview.