Software Engineer - Developer Infrastructure
Full-time Robinhood California - CA, New York - NY, Washington - WA
As Robinhood's Developer Infrastructure organization, we increase the efficiency, velocity, reliability, and scalability of Robinhood Engineering!
We help engineers write code. We speed up getting code out of an engineer's head and into customers’ hands safely. We drive consistency across platforms and toolchains. We enable product engineers to focus completely on what code to write rather than how to write that code. We find, fix, and prevent issues during the development cycle rather than in production.
We see engineering as a whole and drive systemic improvements to our development process and culture. We sweep up and janitor anything which is generally painful. We are the last line of defense if something is wrong in engineering.
- Work closely with other Robinhood engineering teams to define and design the Robinhood development experience.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to engineering productivity and experience.
- Design large scale systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers in the team.
- 1+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have good experience and knowledge on building large scale distributed systems, infrastructure and internal tooling.
- You can demonstrate a history of self-sufficiency.
- You have participated or led projects that involved organization-wide collaboration within the company.
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency and experience.
- You have a passion in mentoring junior engineers and improving the engineering craftsmanship.
- Experience working with developer productivity domain.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with monorepos and modern build systems like Bazel / Blaze, Buck, and Pants.
Technologies we use:
- Compilers and linkers
- CI systems (such as Argo, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc)
- Python and Go with a bit of Typescript, Java, Kotlin, Swift, and Rust
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.