The Category Analyst (CA) is a foundational role that completes a wide variety of important analytical assignments for the Category Management (CM) and Sales teams. The CA demonstrates strong technical skills, the ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, develop insights and presentations, execute space management projects and interact with retailers. The CA is a willing learner, quick study, and premier executioner of software packages and processes to cement Constellation’s reputation as a dependable provider of CM solutions.
Performs or Assists general analysis for assigned customer(s) or projects
- Maintains and updates weekly and monthly scorecards
- Maintains and updates weekly and monthly standardized reporting
- Generates reports to fulfill ad hoc requests
- Prepares CM analysis and creates presentation slides for various meetings.
- Managing wholesaler relationship
- Supports the team with the development of category insights, solutions, and presentations, including but not limited to new item introductions, package expansion/reduction, assortment analysis (pre/post), promotion effectiveness, seasonality, and post-promotion analysis.
- Attend and participate in business planning meetings as necessary.
- Seeks clarification or understanding as necessary.
Manages or Assists in Space Management Projects
- Engage with Category Leadership team, Sales, and retailer partners to plan, meet expectations and ensure successful completion of assortment and space planning projects as needed.
- Support space and assortment opportunities aligned with the strategic direction of Category Leadership activities as needed.
- 2+ years of analytical experience (may include an internship) that was focused on food and beverage retailing or merchandising, or sales experience from any industry.
- Strong PC proficiency, including extremely strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to adjust to change, build strong relationships, and initiate action are key attributes of this role.
- Experience with syndicated and/or scan data as well as the use of category management software, concepts, and analytical techniques
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to travel by plane approximately 20%.
- Proficiency with syndicated data (IRI Unify) and/or retailer scan data
- Proficiency in Power BI, Power Pivot, and Power Query
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision.
- Must be able to work in an office environment primarily but periodically required to work in a warehouse environment with variable temperatures and lighting.
- Should be able to lift 40 lbs. on occasion.
California Sales Office
Field Office - CA - Los Angeles/Ventura/Orange/Santa Barbara
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).