Data Scientist - Computer Vision
Full-time Premise Washington - WA
What you get to do:
- Work to train, calibrate, validate and maintain computer vision algorithms to extract objects, text etc. from the millions of photos contributed for our global network through the Premise mobile application.
- Create data pipelines to add structure to the resultant data extracted from images, and work to integrate the data into other algorithms and visualization tools and platforms.
- Utilize Python and packages to write code towards data wrangling, enrichment, statistical analysis, and visualization of both spatial and non-spatial data.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, analysts, product managers, operations, and other departments to ensure products and technology meets internal standards.
- Apply mathematical rigor and a highly refined sense of both “where to look next” and “what to do instead” when performing econometric/statistical analysis for internal and client requirements.
- Communicate data collection and statistical methodologies to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Apply strong quantitative background and experience in applied statistical analysis (e.g. time series, panel data, geospatial data, survey design).
- Identify and leverage opportunities to continually improve data quality, systems, processes, and standards.
Your background likely includes: (While we would love for the candidate to have some experience described below, we are open to mentoring individuals possessing drive, maturity and open-mindedness)
- BS or MS in Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, etc. or equivalent work experience & analytical skills.
- 2+ years experience applying machine learning/algorithms, especially PyTorch, TensorFlow/Keras, or OpenCV to classify and extract objects from photos.
- Advanced level SQL writing skills (Google BigQuery a plus but not necessary).
- Experience with Python and associated packages for statistical analysis, machine learning, and computer vision.
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team around you.
- Experience with data analysis, quality, cleaning, and extraction/validation tools.
- Experience with QGIS, Shapely, or GeoPandas for geospatial data processing.
- Experience with visualization tools like Periscope Data, Data Studio, Tableau, ArcGIS a plus.
- Experience with computer vision tools on photos, videos, and satellite images.
- 3D imagery experience.