At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. Slack’s Success team works with our customers to get the most value from Slack, and our Digital Success team is responsible for scaling this expertise to more of our many amazing customers globally through innovative solutions.
As such we are seeking a developer to be the technical lead responsible for developing apps and custom integrations to engage with our customers in Slack. This is a unique opportunity to create innovative solutions and define what best in class enterprise Customer Success looks like, embracing our own product and inspiring our customers to do the same. As the first Digital Success Slack Developer, there is a high degree of ownership and ability to impact our customers and team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
As a Digital Success Slack Developer you will:
- Build applications that enable us to engage with Slack’s enterprise customers in Slack, and them with us!
- Collaborate with partners to define requirements and will translate those requirements into solutions built for scale and flexibility.
- Encourage feedback and buy-in from stakeholders including leadership, cross-functional technical teams, and customer facing teams on a roadmap for Success apps.
- Ensure detailed integration with other systems and apps, including other SaaS products and internal systems.
- Create high quality documentation to allow our customers and customer facing technical teams to adopt similar solutions.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Strong knowledge and experience of Slack integration, including application integration and bot creation.
- Demonstrated ability developing enterprise-level applications with a focus on performance, scalability and security.
- Can collaborate with business partners to clarify and define requirements, ensure best-in-class technical architecture, and deliver projects with measurable impact.
- Have worked with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
- Self starter, enthusiastic about learning new technologies and building relationships
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft, or other integration platforms.
- Experience with web APIs and event-based API protocols.
- Experience integrating with APIs from tools like Salesforce, Workday, Looker or Tableau.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.