This Venture Lab Series will help students work under conditions of uncertainty and develop ideas that can be truly useful in today’s world. This 2-week program will put students through a compressed version of the 9 week Venture Lab Acceleration Program at IE Business School, the #1 ranked Business School for Entrepreneurship in Europe (Financial Times ranking), and a top 5 international business school.
In partnership with Upkey, this competitive venture lab program has produced over 200 new startup ideas around the world.
Our emphasis will be on the following industry skills:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Technology and Startups Funding
- Marketing, Communication, and Media
What you get
Solving global problems using Innovation, critical thinking, and entrepreneurship.
The goal of this program is to develop creative solutions to global problems. During this series, students will be given the opportunity to work individually or in teams to work on any problem and find solutions to solve the problem. Suggested problems that need to be solved will be highlighted at the beginning of the week and students will be guided through workshops and activities to ensure that they are well prepared to deliver the best solutions to world problems.
At the end of this experience, students will be able to
Identify a problem and target pain points currently faced in the market, A description of their Solution to the Problem, Validate their ideas using real-world metrics, Create a business model (How you make money), Create a marketing plan (How you will go to market), Create a minimum viable product (MVP)
Upon completion, students will receive:
- Custom certificate of completion from IE Business School
- Access to mid and senior-level Industry professionals
- Access to F-100 leaders and leading Industry leaders
- Mentorship from world-renowned entrepreneurs and leaders
- Access to a global peer network
- Resume worthy experience for jobs and careers
At the end of this program, we will select the top 20 best performing teams, and they will each receive access to mentorship from CEOs of growth-stage startups, successful entrepreneurs, and other global leaders.
This opportunity will help students hone and grow their ideas to the next level.
Who should apply
Current college students, recent grads, or high-school seniors ambitious to learn new skills in the following topics:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Content Writing and Media
- Consulting and Strategic Analysis
- Technology and Product Management
- Business Leadership
- Marketing and Communication
- Finance and Accounting
Timing & requirements
We are living in a world of uncertainty today and the coming battle for talent will be without precedence. Students need to think like entrepreneurs like never before, they must see opportunity in uncertainty.
Please see the details below for specific program details
- Start Date: March 8, 2021
- End Date: March 19, 2021
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Time commitment: 8-12 hours a week
- Enrichment sessions weekly. Mentoring activities.
- VIP Program Fee: Free for students (250 seats left)
Please note that this program is FREE exclusively at Upkey in partnership with IE Business school. Our selection process will be rigorous, and the accepted students must show a desire to learn, work hard to develop new business ideas.
IE Business School
Since the 1970s, we have made it our business to disrupt. We’re an intrinsically innovative institution with a spirit of entrepreneurship that keeps us at the forefront of world-class business education. We’ve come a long way, and intend to go further.