What's the role?
Our team is responsible for building and managing risk selection data tools and infrastructure for our Underwriting group. We use programming skills to access and extract data from diverse sources on multiple platforms, and then structure it in a way that is useable for our internal partners. We love being curious to support our risk selection research initiatives.
- Identifies customer needs by digging deeper into business issues and drivers behind requests and then translates those needs into engineering goals and milestones, as well as analytics approaches to deliver meaningful business insights
- Analyzes data from internal and external sources to drive insights into risk selection problems, opportunities, decisions, and performance
- Summarizes analyses into user-friendly work by translating detailed data and insights into business-appropriate communication and recommendations
- Performs regular updates and maintenance to RSS research data structures including checks for data quality, consistency, and reliability
- Builds and produces reports and dashboards to enable insights development and product/program management
- Develops relationships with key enterprise data business partners to expand data domain expertise and build partnership opportunities
BRING YOUR BEST! WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree or combination of education & experience.
- Preferably 3+ years in data engineering, data analysis, data science, or systems roles
- Experience in one or more development or analytical tools such as SQL, Informatica, SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Java or other tool
- Experience with relational data engineering ecosystems
- Domain expertise in data modeling and business intelligence reporting
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to seek complex problems, to react to changing business needs, and to deliver high quality results
- Proven track record to work independently as well as on teams and to collaborate with individuals at multiple levels
- Competitive base pay
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.