The staff accountant position is accountable for the overall financial health and the day-to-day accounting function of office operations which may include network office and district network office(s). The staff accountant position supportsthe financialhealth and growth oftheiroffice(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with the accounting team, Managing Directors and Managing Partner to:
• Manage accounts payable/reimbursements. Pay network office and district network office bills. Manage accounts payable to properly plan cash flow so that expenses are paid in a timely fashion. Maintain accurate files of invoices or othersource documents. Communicate with vendors.
• Coordinate, process and pay financial representative commissions and allowances. Recover all financial representative debt on a timely basis. Assist in preparation of annual 1099 statements for financial representatives.
• Record payroll entries. Maintain accurate records of wages, benefits, and taxes.
• Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis
• Field Financial System new rep set-up and administration.
• Financial Analysis and cost allocation
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Maintain complete records for financial statements and commissions
• Assist in administration of network office staff benefit plans such as medical, retirement, cafeteria plans, etc.
• Maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the office.
• Monitor banking activities of the office including cash flow.
• Educate new financial representatives on how their compensation is paid through commissions, fees, and bonuses.
• Assist in forecasting and preparation of budgets for the office operations.
• Troubleshoot facilities issues
• Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate should have:
• Three or more years of experience in accounting, including financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance, annual tax filings, payroll, and benefits administration.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
• Ability to work within deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong presentation, persuasion, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Strong personal code of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality.
• High self-motivation and strong organization skills.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Team player and positive attitude