About the role:
OfferUp is looking for a Backend Engineer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace.
As a Backend Engineer you will own and execute delivery of sub features, participate in architecture discussions, do regular code reviews. You’ll be responsible for working with our Product, Client Developers, backend peers and Biz ops experts to come up with new efficient, scalable solutions and iterate on existing ones.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features and/or iterations of existing features
- Contributes to developing the technical strategy for Ad platform/features.
- Develops, tests, releases and documents code using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate if needed with third-party providers, and evaluate/debug/implement 3rd party SDKs.
- Identify, track and find solutions to software defects identified both internally and externally
You’ll thrive in this role, if you: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Early in career, 1 – 2 years of professional software development experience
- Are a highly motivated person with a history of delivering quality code.
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in any one of the following – Java, Python, C/C++, Golang, Scala, PHP (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast-moving, continuous flow development environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
Helpful, but not required:
- Experienced with Agile development
- Experience with building highly scalable web services
- Be comfortable designing services on top of cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Experience in Ads domain
- Github repo with your own code we can view
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.